Friday 3 February 2012

Fortune Friday - Laura from Scattered Figments

My first guest for Fortune Friday is Laura from Scattered Figments. It was she who convinced me to start this blog in the first place. Also, she's the one who taught me how to read runes, so I'm under the microscope with my readings today!

Question one

Laura: Hi there, Twist! It's nice to be your first guest and your blog looks rather dashing! So! Question number one! Will the book I'm currently redrafting ever be published?



Twist: This is a good response! Rune one, in your case, symbolises the daily toil of both writing the book and the effort it takes to actually submit a book.

The second rune is the symbol of a hailstorm. This might appear to be negative but you need to remember that hailstorms are brief. This could suggest that when you submit the book there is a period of unrest or negativity. Maybe you get a few rejection letters along the way... sorry about that!

However! The final rune is a symbol of success! It means “win”, which can only be a good thing, right?

So overall, The Way I See Things is that it's going to take a whole bunch of slogging to get the book done and even then it might not be an instant success. However, eventually you achieve your goal. Yay for you, Laura! I expect a mention on the dedications page now.


question two

Laura: Well that sounds good! Let's see... question number two. I'd like to have kids some day. Are there little ones in my future?



Twist: I know this is a question that's close to your heart. I'm really glad to say the rune draw is a good one. That first rune means “birth” which is a great sign for this spread (and pretty darn good for my first online reading)!

The second rune we've seen once already. It's the symbol of the day and might mean that you have to (ahem) work at it! It can also mean the day after the night and the dawning of new things. Having kids would definitely be a new start.

The third rune is the symbol of a gift. It is something received after something has been given. I'll not go into detail on that... te he.

So, The Way I See Things is that the gift of birth is something in your future. I'm glad it's good news!


question three

Laura: I have a big grin on my face right now. And I'm blushing! I guess I'll keep my third question general and simply ask what the next six months holds for me.


         

Twist: Well this is the least chipper draw of the three. The first rune is the symbol of need. It suggests that you might feel that something is missing in your life right now. This isn't entirely negative as usually when we identify an area of need, we can focus on filling it.

The second rune is the symbol of ice. This suggests something growing cold or you growing cold on an aspect of your life. Perhaps a decision needs to be made to help you find something you could warm to.

The final rune is a symbol of communication. It could mean that you need to talk to someone about the area of need shown by the first rune, or the coldness of the second. As you and I know each other pretty well, I'm going to go ahead and guess that this is talking about your work life and career. The Way I See Things is that maybe the runes are suggesting that you should look at a career in communication or talking?

Laura: Your readings have been great, Twist! You're spot on with every comment you made in the last section so I can only hope you were spot on about the book and babies too! I can't wait to see how you read for total strangers!


So there you have it! My very first Fortune Friday. A big thanks to Laura for letting me read for her. Be sure to check out her book blog, Scattered Figments

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on my answers, and I am sure the askers would love extra advice to go with my own ramblings!