Friday 3 February 2012

Mr Mediocre

MR mediocre


Dear Auntie Twist,

Over the last few weeks I've been feeling more and more like life isn't all that great. Everything feels so pointless. Some people live great lives that mean something but the rest of us are stuck with mediocrity and lameness.

Is the only point of living to reproduce? Are we just some kind of spawning virus?

From
Mr Mediocre


Dear Mr. Mediocre,


Nobody knows the meaning of life. The big answers to the big questions seem to be beyond us.*

The Way I See Things is that it's better to make our own little corners of the world as happy as we can. We all shuffle off this mortal coil eventually, but if we all focus on making our little share of the world a happy one, then those we leave behind can spread that happiness. Isn't that real greatness?

There's plenty of sadness out there, but why focus on that when the other side of the coin has a big smiley-smile on it?

And don't go knocking reproduction. The way I see it, reproduction can be plenty-fun!

With love from Auntie Twist x

*Except for 42, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on my answers, and I am sure the askers would love extra advice to go with my own ramblings!